Mango, Avocado & Chicken Salad
- chicken and meat fans in general
- fans of meat with fruit
- busy people
- fans of one-pot cooking
- fans of salads
Making time: 30 min.
Calories: 1674 kcal = 334 kcal per serving (at 5)
Macronutrients per person:
Protein - 18.4 g
Fat: 22 g
Carbohydrates: 18 g
I made a slightly reduced fat version.
- 1 chicken breast, (2 medium)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Head of romaine lettuce, rinsed, chopped and drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced*.
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small purple onion, thinly sliced
- Coriander, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted (roasted in a pan), on top
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (can be less if you're careful about calories)
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 clove of garlic, 1 tsp minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
In a large salad bowl, place the chopped romaine lettuce. Top with halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, diced mango and avocado, thinly sliced purple onion, 1/4 cup cilantro (and yes, cilantro can be omitted if you have an aversion to cilantro).
Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise, then season with garlic salt and pepper to taste and fry in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until browned and toasted (3 minutes per side). Remove from pan, let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into oblong strips.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar, cover tightly with a lid and shake together until well combined. You can also mix them in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. If you are not using the dressing right away, shake well just before serving. Drizzle the dressing over the chicken, mango and avocado salad, adding it to taste.